Overall Purpose: ACW’s Part-time Bilingual Spanish Child Care Staff will provide a safe fun educational environment for Outpatient clients’ children while they (outpatient clients) are on-site receiving individual or group counseling, case management or individual or group therapy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide encouragement and fun educational activities for ACW’s outpatient clients’ children.
- Ensure that the program area and bathroom is clean, sanitary, disinfected, safe, warm and comfortable.
- Make sure there are supplies for fun educational activities, like art projects, book reading, watching movies and more. Keep an inventory and work with Outpatient Supervisor to request supplies when needed.
- Help parents/guardians ease separation anxiety children may have in leaving their parent and participating in childcare.
- Ensure all parents/guardians sign their children in and out of the program, pick up their children within 15 minutes after the group or individual session, collect critical information on children such as allergies, illnesses and/or other limitations.
- Change diapers and/or help with potty training as needed.
- Work with the Outpatient Supervisor to develop multi age appropriate activities for those attending the childcare program.
- Ensure that children get along with each other, ensure that bullying, intimidation and fighting do not occur.
- Model a peaceful, happy disposition that can handle whatever challenge arises.
- Document child’s behavior daily.
- Help the Outpatient Supervisor gather program data.
- Complete incident reports to be signed and reviewed by the Outpatient Supervisor.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications/requirements: Bilingual Spanish speaking, reading and writing required. High School diploma or GED plus 2 years working with children ages 6 months to twelve years old. Fingerprinting to pass a background check. High school courses in child development, psychology and family consumer science are preferred. Earning a certificate or associate degree in early childhood education is preferred.
Sensitivity to women going through recovery. Experience working with culturally, ethically, sexually, and socio-economically diverse populations. Sensitivity to substance abuse issues of women are their families; ability to work with multidisciplinary team; must be reasonable, flexible, strong oral and written skills; computer literacy. Strong professional boundaries and ethics, If in recovery, minimum of three (3) years clean and sober. Need not be in recovery to apply.
Physical Demands: Standing, sitting, walking up and down stairs, light lifting, and driving.
Work Environment: Moderate noise level; fast pace, high energy.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty as satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Alcoholism Center for Women, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bases of race, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or physical challenge.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/ or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ACW is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bases of race, age religion, gender, sexual orientation, or physical challenges.